We follow the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and applicable regulations as well as adherence to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from a child, but if we discover on our own that a child is accessing our Website, we will delete the information as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. If you are less than 16 years old, please do not send any user information to us--including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address--without a parent or guardian’s consent. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child is using our Website, please contact us. We may ask for proof of identification before we remove any information to prevent malicious removal of account information. LPS Enterprises does not verify the age of our users nor do we have any legal duty or responsibility to do so.
•Postal mail to:
Privacy Administrator, LPS Enterprises, Inc.
1170 Tree Swallow Dr., Suite 333
Winter Springs, FL 32220
The personal information that LPS Enterprises initially collects from children during registration on the Website includes their first and last name, their email address (in some cases this may be the parent's email address) and the parent or guardian’s email address. This information is used by the company to initiate contact so as to obtain verifiable parental consent and to establish a student landing page that can be accessed once parental consent is received. If we do not receive verifiable parental consent in a reasonable time (three weeks from the initial application) or if you notify us that you are refusing to consent, this information will be deleted from our database.
Once we have received consent your child will receive a login confirmation that will take them to their personal profile page. LPS Enterprises has social media functions as a primary component of the Sites and the act of engaging in online lessons involves your child sharing their personal information (the video image and audio interaction of a live lesson are ruled to be “Personal Information” under the COPPA Regulations). Because of this, we encourage you to monitor and supervise your child’s activities during his or her time on our Sites. Activities on the social media portions of the Site include (a) sending and receiving messages via the internal email system from the Site and other users of the Website; (b) reading and posting messages on the various LPS Enterprises message boards: (c) personalizing areas of their profile page, including being able to upload photos of themselves and communicating with other students and instructors. There are certain controls in “Account Settings/Privacy” that allow you or your child to limit the sharing of certain types of information. But, these controls do not negate the necessity of providing your consent for your child to access our service.
In addition to any pictures or videos that your child may post on their student page, all lessons that your child takes on the Site “are recorded and archived for a period of time then deleted unless purchased as a subscription which would allow access by the parent or child. These videos are only available to; your child through your logged in student page, the instructor from their personal page and select LPS Enterprises personnel. The reason for maintaining these video files is threefold, (1) to enable you and your child to review past lessons to aid learning, (2) allow the instructor to view the past lesson as an aid to preparing future lessons and (3) as an added safety measure.
We may also use web beacons to collect non-personal information about your child’s use of our Website and those of our affiliates, and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by Web Beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people that open our emails and why they opened our emails. Our Web Beacons are not used to track your activity outside of our Website or those of our affiliates. We do not link non-personal information from Web Beacons to personal information without your permission.
Examples of how we may share information with service providers include:
• Fulfilling orders and providing the services
• Payment processing and fraud prevention
• Providing customer support
• Sending marketing communications
• Conducting research and analysis
• Providing cloud computing and web conferencing infrastructure
Beyond the information provided above regarding the use of information collected from your child, in order to give customers the best possible service, we may use affiliates to provide contracted services such as but not limited to credit card processing and hosting our website and only information that is essential to performing those services is shared.Your right to review, have deleted and refuse further collection and use of your child’s information.
As a concerned parent, you have the right and responsibility to know and control what information has been collected from your child. If you;
Want to review what information LPS Enterprises has collected from your child,
Want to have your child’s personal information deleted, or
Cancel and refuse any further collection or use of your child’s personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer, John L. Adams at
email@example.com with your request. Before we provide that information or comply with your request we will need to confirm that you are indeed the child’s parent or guardian to protect the information from improper release or deletion due to someone’s malicious intent.
If we delete your child’s personal information per your request and or receive a request to collect no further information from your child, all further access to www.liveplatformsolutions.com will be terminated for that account, all personal data related to that account, including your information will be purged from our system. The only exception would be such information we are required to maintain by other applicable law such as completed billing transactions.
LPS Enterprises is headquartered in the United States of America but its affiliated instructors and customers are located around the world. As a result, your user information may be transferred to other countries in connection with your use of the Site. If you access or use the Site outside of the United States, your user information will be transferred to our servers in the United States.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with LPS Enterprises may choose to opt out of our sharing of your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to (a) opt out or (b) request certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.Data Retention
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
• require (i) access to and/or duplicates of your personal data retained, (ii) receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and (iii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller;
• request proper rectification, erasure or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn, or (iv) you have taken advantage of an existing right to object to the data processing; in case the personal data is processed by third parties, your request for rectification, erasure or restriction will be forwarded also to such third parties unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort;
• refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal or to any other existing legal justification of the processing activity in question – withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time.
• object at any time that your personal data will be used for direct marketing purposes, or - based on grounds relating to your particular situation - that your personal data shall be subject to data processing for other purposes.
• take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators; and/or
• not to be subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (automatic decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects) which produce legal effects on you or affects you with similar significance.
*A note on how we obtain and verify parental consent: To comply with the federal COPPA regulations we must verify that a parent or legal guardian is signing the consent form that we will send to the email address you provide. To do this, we provide several approved methods for you to sign and return it to us. It is your choice as to which method you choose.
1. Print out this email consent form, complete, sign, scan and upload it directly on our platform, here: https://foodnthings.com/parentalconsent.
2. Print out this email consent form, complete, sign and mail to
LPS Enterprises, Inc. 1170 Tree Swallow Dr., Suite 333, Winter Springs, FL 32220, Attn. Privacy Officer.